Auto Action Group (AAG), established in 1978 as an Automotive Expeditor. AAG has grown into an operation that spans across New York & New Jersey.
Total Fleet Size: 13
Fleet Type: Mixed (Sedans, Sprinters, Transits, Vans, Pickup Trucks)
Services/Products Used: Geotab GO7 Telematics
With a 13-vehicle fleet, Driver Safety was a priority. Along with Driver Safety we needed a way to track the performance of our drivers, moreover, create and adopt a Standard of Performance for our drivers. It was also is imperative that we develop a more efficient method to keep track of vehicle maintenance. As a result of waiting to do preventive maintenance we were forced to do unnecessary repairs, which could have been avoided. Additionally, we were looking to decrease our fuel expense by up to 25%. Accident reconstruction. Reduce insurance premium.
To be able to improve driver safety, manage compliance, monitor real-time diagnostics, cut fuel cost, and generally optimize our fleet we selected the Geotab GO7 Telematics device. What we found, was that on the surface, this product offered everything we needed in one unique package as well as the ability to expand the functionality if needed in the future.
Optimize Fleet with Real-Time Diagnostics
- The Geotab GO7 Telematics allowed us to know where our vehicles were at a given time, allowing dispatch to more efficiently route our drivers or reroute them as needed.
- Real-Time Vehicle Diagnostics removed the human element, thus allowing us to be informed of needed vehicle maintenance in a timely fashion.
- We also told our drivers to obey all local and state speed limits, but now we have an accurate tool to monitor and track driver behavior.
- Reckless and aggressive driving was not only dangerous but also creates a negative perception of our brand. We now have a method to not only define aggressive driving in very clear terms but also monitor and track driver performance and rate the driver accordingly.
- Seatbelt Usage.
Cut Fuel Cost by up 25%
- We created our benchmarks by listing the manufacturer provided City/Highway MPG for the vehicles in our fleet. At a minimum, we need to be within that range.
- First, we needed to accurately calculate our fuel expenses. At the start of the trial period, we were unable to do so. We have since assigned one gas card per vehicle. In doing so we now have a more accurate way to track the purchase of gas.
- Aside from vehicle performance, aggressive driving and excessive idling contribute to elevated fuel consumption. After 3 months data collection was able to set clear aggressive driving and idling.
- Harsh Breaking
- Posted by autoactionfleet
- On May 4, 2020
- 0 Comment